Form and Function....



How often does one wonders into a shop that sells items that are practical, elegant, well designed and functional? Not often is it! Yes.. This evening after a brief meet with some Feng Shui friends, I headed to Timeless Design, a modern urban chic furniture boutique shop that does... replicas of famous designer works. Yep.. you read that right... replicas. Now, the owner is my friend whom she did not paid me to write this on my blog. I just want to share this as I have a thing for classic clean lines.



I took a couple of photos of the shop about 2 years ago. And now, I am proud to say that they have new items which are available at a fraction of the original price... So it's for people like me (who loves anything that has great design yet functional and practical) a chance to own some designer's work of art that's way way our budget. The shop carries a lot of pieces from all well known designers of the 20th century. The replica works of Phillip Starck, Jorge Ferrari Hardoy, Isamu Noguchi, Charles and Ray Eames fills the store with mood and ambient lighting, lullabied by modern contemporary lounge music. Timeless is itself a design.



One cannot help oneself but to get lost in the comforts of sofas, chaise lounges and other aesthetically designed furniture pieces that becomes a focal point in any living room. Bold or Understated. Timeless has it all. If only I have some cash with me just now...

Comments

Popular Posts