Bah.... weddings!!!!!!


Taking time off to take care of poor ma, been sick for past week, she's down with flu and dry coughs. Worse was the coughs, she coughed so badly until she peed in her pants.. It's very heart breaking to see my mum undergoing this ordeal. And top of her worry list, My 3rd brother's wedding. And speaking of wedding, I have to co em-cee one this saturday with the Nut! Yeah, friends of us are getting married and the wedding dinner is this saturday. Both the bride and grom formally request yours truly and Nut from tyke to emcee their dinner.

As if this is not enuff for my share on wedding mania, I'll be attending another one as 'Heng Tai'. James and Siew Lee's wedding this December. All in all, 3 weddings which I am involved in, some way or the other, Kwan and Lynn's wedding em cee, James and Siew Lee's as a 'Heng Tai' to James throughout the whole event. And my 'lucky' brother, Peter.

Sigh. Kwan and Lynn just got back from Sydney last night. And I heard from Nut that Lynn's still yet to finalize on what evening gown to wear for the wedding dinner event.

'Gulp'. I'm sure the bride and groom are now in full sail for the final touches leading to their wedding ceremony and dinner that day. I'm sure of it. Mean while, Nut and I are shuddering on what to say and not say, how to present the couple in the most well behaved way, and Nut being truly himself, his dramatic tendencies might crop up during the whole event and I dare not think of more drama unfolding as we take to the stage and do our emcee-ing. Ai.... wrinkles everywhere on my forehead and eyes....

With my brother's case, it's a more stressing development. He has asked my mum to take charge of the whole affair. I'm very annoyed with him. It's his bloody wedding and he should be doing all the running, haggling and all that hard work to ensure everything will run smoothly as he and his soon to be wife walk down the aisle. Its gets me more annoyed that Ma's health is compromised because of this....

As for James, I'm given the title, 'Director of Cultural and Religious affairs' Gosh... what a mouthful! I'm to ensure that the bride and groom to follow the ceremonies, rituals and customs as faithful as possible so that both bride and groom will have a prosperous life with their future kids. As the director... blah blah blah.. I am the time keeper and custodian of all cultural activities for the event. Sigh.. this responsibility is even harder to bear....

I'm now hoping that I could deliver a beaufiful speech in Cantonese (a language I'm getting alienated from due to my 'lost' roots) for Kwan and Lynn's wedding. This is my important task for now. The rest, I'd just get by as time goes on.

Comments

Popular Posts