All I want for Christmas is a cool macbook



My next wish list is an Apple Macbook. Currently, I've got a very old G3 ibook bought a couple years back. I'm not complaining much about this ibook, it's a great machine to work with, It has gone to a lot of countries with me.

The thing about the Apple mac machines is, it's really durable. Just last 2 weeks, a friend of mine accidentally spilled some water over my ibook. I was shocked nevertheless but I didn't blow my top as I know her action was unintentional. So, I had to unplug, switch it off and let it dry for a couple of hours. She even borrowed a hairdryer to help me dry it.

Later the night, I turned it on and hoped for the best. It started buzzing. The hard disk was whisking away... I patiently waited for the blue screen and apple mac startup screen to be displayed. YES! It came out.. And before you know it, it was ready. WOW! I'm not trying to advertise Apple products directly but frankly, it is a sturdy and reliable machine!

What I like about the MacBook is the fact, it is using the new Intel Core Duo processor as its CPU. And the elegant design... the keyboards for the white MacBook looked like the 'Chiclet' chewing gum pellets. Nostalgic moments. Apple has improved the LCD display by making it 13 inch and with a glossy panel. It can also (I can't believe it!) Boot Windows XP as well. Oh My Gosh! Yes.. I can't believe it's true! All you need to do is to shut down the Mac OS X system and then restart the machine and load Windows XP. Just like that... (Boy! What will happen to the IBM, ACER, HP and COMPAQ share market!!!!)


It comes in 3 models. a 1.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 60 GB hard drive, DVD CDRW Combo drive , 512MB RAM and the usual Wireless ready and Bluetooth ready stuff. The other model are the 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 60GB Hard drive, SUPERDRIVE (DVD read n write, CDRW), Wireless and Bluetooth ready. The top of the line model is a 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo with 80GB hard drive, Superdrive, Wireless and Bluetooth ready.

All models are bundled with superb Mac OS X Tiger (Latest version) and I think these models are also capable of using the new soon to be released in year 2007, the Mac OS Leopard.


There's an Apple remote that comes with the product. Apple remote is to be used with Apple's software, called Frontrow. It allows you to navigate your movies, your music anywhere at the touch of the remote control. So COOL!




It is soooooo User friendly! I've been a mac user for some years now. Although I can work well on both PC and MAC machines and systems, but I still prefer a MAC.


For more info on the MacBook and the delectable, fabulous and practical IPOD, check out apple's website!


Comments

Popular Posts