Brain-washing...

I notched this plan of mine to do something really wicked today. After a day of planning, I decided to put it into action. 

The plan: to brain wash MommaMerv. 
Why? So she can be less naggy and more open to new ideas and new way of lifestyle. 
How: Took her out to go grocery shopping and to buy new items for her daily needs. 

Seriously, takes a 'happy' son to bring momma out to shop! Useless to get my other siblings to do so. Off we went for breakfast, and head down to Petaling Street and Pudu market. . . Yes. Merv and Momma Merv doing shopping at 2 old wet markets... And along the way, I started the 'brain-washing'...

It is a tedious task to brain wash someone who is above 60 years old. Repeating the same words every 2 minutes, while she gets distracted with the latest bargains and prices. And hauling 50 kgs of groceries under the sweltering heat ain't fun either.. But the hard work and constant yakking paid off... She called this evening to say thanks and it's ok if I can't come back for dinners during week days, she understood that I have work to do or I am engaged in client dinners... Oh! What.A.Feeling! I hope she will do the same for my brothers too!!!!

Next brainwashing program: Next weekend, taking her to go to Midvalley and 'update' her wardrobe so she can meet new people, enroll her into a charity organization so she can keep herself busy and make new friends.. (oh! yes.. tai chi and qi gong classes too!)

Hehehehe... I am WICKED!

Comments

SC said…
You are not wicked, just being a good son.
Booker said…
ditto what SC said.

Brain-washing my mum failed. Now i need to try sending subliminal messages thru her korean drama serials....

Popular Posts