Magical Deevali...

The weekend for Merv has been a relaxing 3 day holidays. I started off with an early rise to do worship the sun by doing Suryanamaskara Asana near the pond and open space below my home. The gentle sound of trickling water and the smell of fresh air, invigorated and uplifted my spirits and body. Halfway, finishing my 12th repetition of the Sun Salutation, I was sweating profusely... my yoga mat was drenched... Yes... I had a good asana practice. And then I was feeder for the mossies... Haiz.. them blood sucking female mossies, can't you tell I'm gay!?!...

It was a nice breakfast with CCW who dropped by from Kajang for a stay on friday night. We had a dim sum nearby, As usual, after dim sum, I was hoping for a drag... but since I was smokeless for the past night, I didn't buy any ciggies. So I went to the nearest convenience store and I was just kay-poh-ing at the shop because it looked interesting.. Yes.. It was! I came up upon this signage. . . I wondered if it was done with literal intention or was it with obliterated purpose.



I figured it could be the latter as there were a few happy couples who were feasting on the measles of morsels amongst all that china pek of a crowd... This is a dim sum place in Happy Garden (Taman Gembira)... mind you, the folks here are all proud Cina people and I've got no qualms about it... The afternoon, I was just busy with my house chore, yes although I'm moving out soon, this house still need a bit of dusting and cleaning... With a deadline to move in soon.. as the handover is in Early Nov, I have to make it well, look ok for the new owner to take over.. I think I'm going to miss the home... It's when you know you're going to lose something, you suddenly yearn to appreciate it more and find it harder to let go... Haiz... Letting go is not easy...

The Saturday night, I went to Ji Gong Temple for his anniversary celebration. A lot of food were served ala buffet style and I had a good meal along with T.O whom was seen gorging on the roasted pig and fish... The night finished with a mamak session with CCW, LJK, TO and AL... we ended the night around 2 am.

Sunday was just lazing around day...

Monday... Happy Deevali. I was up early in the morning to do a special prayer for my brother's office. We organized a little farewell party to 3 special beings who were temporary housed inside his office until Deevali... It was an interesting party... After the send off, I went to C.C's house and we went to Desa Pandan to collect his Ancestor's Plaque. It was a piece of work as it was carved and etched. The wood was made in taiwan, the character etching was done locally... but with such finesse it was a beautiful piece of work. The afternoon, lunch with our celebrity friend, AW who popped by as he was bored to wits. We drove to Ikea and was astounded by the mob of people making their way to The Curve. We all agreed, we'd only go to the Curve during the weekdays... Weekend is a nightmare!!! Stopped by at Red Envelope as CC had to get something there.

Bunnies for dessert after the spicy and filling meal @ Korguyo... Yummy!
The evening, I took CC and AL to my favorite Korean Hangout: Korguyo and we had a lot of chow down on them Kimchis, Pat Jeons, and Bulgogis....With a tummy full to the brim, and copious amounts of heatiness in our bodies, we went to Old Town to look for the uncle who sells bitter tea... I downed a glass and took away 2 packets for consumption later... Sleep well that night... It was a plain holiday but the simplicity of it made it memorable for Merv and friends.... :D


 

Comments

Popular Posts