A drizzle on the full moon night...


This year's mid autumn celebration was somewhat lacking in the spirit of 'oomph!' as my brother calls it.  Last sunday was a long day for me, I was up as early as 5 am as I had to do some feng shui setups for some clients at 7 am, 9 am and after 1 pm. It was an auspicious day for weddings and moving new houses, I saw at least 8 wedding entourages along the highway throughout the day...

After the last appointment with a client in PJ, I headed to TO's place to chill out. WH was there too and we just sat at the balcony having a smoke and caught up with each other. Later the evening, it showered and From TO's apartment, the whole of Curve, Mutiara Damansara and Damansara Perdana was blanketed in mist and rain. Caught in TO's place, we waited till the rain subsided or at least subsided to a slight drizzle, we left her place and I headed to mum's in Bandar Utama, just a short drive from Pelangi Dsara.

Dinner was a simple affair. Vegetarian dishes and simple food. As it was a big event in the lunar calender, my brothers, their wives and girlfriend all turned up and we sat down to and the usual catching ups commenced. Mum and Dad were engrossed with  Xiao Mei Mei (my niece) as she was moody that evening, so they like any other doting grandparents, did their best to make her happy, feeding her with broccoli and carrots, ensuring she ate her food and played with her as my brother took a rest to finish his grub.

Later the evening, MommaMerv asked if I could light up the japanese paper lanterns and the candles around the porch and patio. Although it was drizzling, we did had a bit of magic happening at the patio. Xiao Mei Mei was thrilled and as what all young toddlings liker her do at her age, was curious about the whole shabang. She was delighted upon receiving her electri 'robot' lantern that made noise and blinking lights. She proudly displayed her new toy and was eager to go for a walk, Since it was drizzling, she managed to circle around the patio and porch. . . She also had her butterfly lantern lit up as well and I placed it high above her so she was amazed and was shouting butterfly on fire!... Silly kid.

I left Mum's place early as I was mentally exhausted. It was a cold and windy night when I opened the windows to air my bedroom. It was nice... Too bad I can't see the full moon.. It would have been nice...

Comments

Loong said…
Thanks for sharing your MidAutumn family warmth. Mine just passed me by without my knowledge.
Booker said…
such a heart warming entry merv...
Mervin Lee said…
Hi gingertom, Well it will soon be a thing of a past... the night of the mid autumn, I didn't see much festivities going on at my mum's neighborhood... sad la....
Mervin Lee said…
Books... during times like these, customs ought to be preserved.. it's a link to our past and to our future, what holds the family unit as one... and its sad to see its disappearing fast... If you and J eve have kids, please instill these values and customs to them.. it's what make us as chinese ...
Legolas said…
I went to see the Paralympic on that day.

Popular Posts