Weekend frollies, a wedding dinner and a date.

I woke up today with an aggravating soreness all over... I guess I had a great weekend! :) Saturday morning was my usual routine. Heading to the new house to see the progress of the renovation... none. I checked with the supervisor (the kepala) a chirpy chinese guy with an extra thumb... Apparently, there was some problems between the project manager and his contractor. I shall see them later in the afternoon to sort it out. 

Did a bit of house chores and laundry as I had a busy week. And head down to my favorite wantan noodle store in Taman Tun. Did some paper work for PapaMerv and was receiving calls on behalf of him as PapaMerv and MommaMerv decided to go to Genting to cool off and try their luck at the jack pots and poker...

The evening, got ready for SC and Bern's wedding. Left the house around 7ish... but there was a massive jam along the main road to the national mosque, decided to take Jalan Mahameru and exit at the Lake Gardens to go to Jln Raja Chulan. Their wedding dinner is held at Marco Polo restaurant (non-halal), Wisma Lim Foo Yung. I arrived around 7.4opm. Surprised by a gushing 'water fall' at the parking entrance. A novelty way to park... I got a free car wash! :D

When I arrived there, I saw SC and she was in a lovely simple white gown... And her tanned skin made her gown look very stunning. Simple yet elegant. And Bern was in a nice tux with a burgundy bow tie. Nice....

The loving couple... Congratulations!


Choowie looking very ahem... 'dashing'.. He's the flower boy for Santhi & Bern


The wedding March...


Check out their wedding car.... It's a vintage volvo station wagon... NICE!


The food at Marco Polo was good... despite the usual delay one would expect in a typical Chinese wedding dinner. Alvin aka Shades was the MC... seated with a his girlfriend, choowie and some F.F instructors. We were treated with nice video and slide presentation of the behind-the-scenes of Bern and Shanthi preparing for their big day and morning nuptial ceremony at the Church. The photographer's work was good as he likes to use a lot of angled shots and depth of field to create uncanny lasting memories.

Had to skip dessert as I got an SOS text message from Nut, he's stricken with high fever and I took him to my family clinic in SEA PARK for a check up. 

Sunday was up early morning to greet the wiremen coming to the house to install the wiring and air conditioning pipes and wires. Later was at the Curve to do some research for interior for my new house, where else but the interior magazines at Borders. Spotted a cute twink as he headed to the Interior and Home section. Phhhttuui....... Made a move, going for the kill... greeted by a fair baby face young fella. Made contact and exchanged numbers..... :D hmm another date this friday???

Lunch was at Bubba Gump with T), CP, L and CS. The waiter came up with lame trivials and I was annoyed as we were having a great time catching up... met up with William, a guy I met over chat and decided to meet up for dinner and movie... Ya... A real DATE! Turned out to be  a very nice guy with baby face looks.. hmm... very interesting... We caught 'Get Smart' and it was funny enough as I was tired but I was laughing all the way till the end of the show. . . William got us love seats... I didn't know Cathay Cineleisure had love seats!!!! Spacious...  Nut had another bout of fever and he took a shot from a doctor... He's much better today... he text messaged me... I will go and see him later... 

Got back around 12 midnight.... exhausted but fulfilling.... :D How's your weekend?

Comments

Loong said…
Tommy was here. No comment on this post though. But I like u to know I've read it.
Mervin Lee said…
Thanks tommy...
aly said…
Hi Merv,great post. Could you help me? We're looking for a white vintage volvo for our wedding, do you know where the couple got theirs from? Look forward to your reply. Thanks! Aly
Mervin Lee said…
Hi Aly, So sorry that this reply is being sent waaaay to late! The volvo belonged to the bride's family. If you are still keen.. do write to me at hwml28@gmail.com. Will provide more details....

Popular Posts