PapaMerv's baby...

Last sunday, I discovered that my little red's gear clutch is giving me problems, was having a hard time shifting my gears. I had to cranked the gear stick so hard, it felt like moving a 20 kilo box.  I concluded that either my clutch pad or the whole gear thing has worn out Mechanic's open on monday... I had to send my car back to my parent's and use one of my dad's other cars. PapaMerv has a penchant for cars. Since I was a toddler, PapaMerv has been collecting all kinds and types of cars. I remembered as a child of 8, I've sat on an Alpha Romeo 2 door convertible, a Holden Kingswood, A classic MG and an Austin Martin. These cars are now considered classic or vintage. Now, PapaMerv has 2 favorite cars in his so called 'open air' garage...



Two 1978 model Mercedes Benz S class. One of them is the 280 SE, the other 320 SE. The 320 SE big white is in the workshop. So I hauled out the big black for a few days use. When Nut texted me to go to Chawan in Bangsar, I gathered he wants to see 'McSaucy', so later, he called as I was rounding along the streets for parking... (freaking full as the 'Pasar Malam' night market is in full swing) I said I was coming, parked my car near the houses and rushed to Chawan. When we left Chawan to head to my car, Nut was gleaming... He saw the car that he liked very much...


Number punters: Buy the number!!! You never know....

As we sat in Papamerv's car, Nut was like a little girl, all happy and daisy in a barbie doll shop... his hands were busy flicking switches and touching everything part of the dashboard... Jr's amazed at such a big car... he's never sat in one... I just took it all in with a smile...



Drove up to a small corner in SEA PARK to eat Hokkien Mee... By the time we're almost done gobbling, Nut was complaining about the M.I.A 'McSaucy'... I think he just needs to get a good bonk.... Oh well.. Nut really liked my Papa's car and he said he would get one, have it restored... I'm amazed by his rich knowledge of the SE series. He really digs the car... He was smiling throughout the whole drive... 

My tummy filled, Nut's happy, Jr's a bit freaked out behind the back seat as he buckled up and sat still.. All in all, a nice journey in PapaMerv's car. Only thing is: The fuel gauge is showing 1/4 tank left... Sigh... I wondered how much can I get with RM 50..... Little Red is still in the work shop.. It will come back to me by late afternoon... a whopping RM 400 plus! sigh..... more holes burning in my pocket...



Comments

RPMnut said…
I LIKE THAT MERC!!!!! :D
Mervin Lee said…
I know you DO.... Well.. PapaMerv bought this for RM 30K.... so now, see if you could get it for around RM 20 to 22K.....

But u have to consider switching to NGV......
Booker said…
So niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!

what a CLASSIC!
savante said…
Well and here you have me who doesn't know what the heck is IDSL and VTEC. :P I just know it's an engine.
Mervin Lee said…
Books....You have to say that to PapaMerv... it's his car....
Mervin Lee said…
Hi Savante,

I know a bit about cars and stuffs... But Nut's like the walking car-pedia... He knows all the inside and outs of a car... If you're buying a car, you can really get his advice....

Honda CITY iDSI or VTEC, I'd choose iDSI engine... saves me heaps on fuel.....

Popular Posts