Renovating your house 101


After making the decision to sell my unit at Danau Permai condominium, It's time to look at how to renovate my bachelor pad, my old house I grew up in while I was a young fella. SEA PARK is a very cosy neighborhood. Most of my neighbors I knew back then are still living there... well most of them. Can't say for those old folks whom I used to dislike because they loved to pinch my cheeks whenever they see me. I think they've passed on.

Well, it's a big headache for me. I just realized that I need a lot of $$$$ to make the place decent enought to give me shelter from rain and sun. I had to remove the current roof tiles as they're no longer able to work due to wear and tear. The floors are in a state of beyond salvageable condition. Everything has to go. The kitchen concrete roof is leaking and has created a very smudgy and ugly big spot... ugggghhh!

I estimate that the renovation works is going to come around to about RM 100K... Yeah.. a lot for a terrace single storey house.

The list of things I need to do :

  • Termite check and treatment
  • Extension for kitchen on the rear end of the house
  • tearing up the existing dining hall to become an AIR WELL again
  • Shifting the main entrance
  • Replacing all floor tiles
  • Dismantling the car porch and updating with a current and presentable design
  • water proofing on all major structural works
  • Hacking a few walls....
  • removing and installing new toilet bowl, shower, water heater, basin, fixtures,
  • installing new kitchen counter top, cabinets and stove, etc
  • Installing Wardrobe for 2 rooms....
The price of the renovation is excluding the furniture, electrical appliances, bathroom fittings, kitchen fittings... All in.. i think I'm going to spend around RM 150K.... sigh... my pockets are feeling the pinch!!!!



Comments

Popular Posts