Hainanese Chicken Rice!!!!


Being hainanese, I'm very fussy about my hainanese chicken rice. Last night, out of the blue, I picked up my good friend, JK to have some chicken rice. I thought of trying out this one situated in Taman Entrepreneurs Park, Kuchai Lama. Hailam Kopitiam has been around in the neighborhood for one and half years. They serve hot selling hainanese dishes ala fast food. Like Hainanese Chicken rice, Nasi Lemak, Hainanese Chicken Chop, and the ever famous Hainanese white coffee. My first time was for a drink as I was on vegetarian 2 weeks ago. 

The decor is simple and nice, nostalgic memories of old kopitiams in quaint small towns, with marble top tables and rickety wooden chairs... Yes.. It's like going back to Ah Mah's time!


So, I've decided to try their chicken rice. We sat on a nice corner in the smoking section. JK ordered the chicken rice and iced hainanese white coffee, whereas I ordered the Chicken chop and teh see ping! Unfortunately, my chicken chop came with a scent of salted fish! One bite of it and I knew the meat had gone bad. Politely, I beckon the waiter to inform of this and knowing the next chicken chop will come rather late due to the deep frying, I've decided to order the same as JK. 


The owner, Mr. Goh came and apologized, apparently, their freezer has a cooling system problem and they had to throw the remaining chops away. Well, sad indeed... but hey, when you're in the F&B business, you cannot let your customers consume meat that has gone bad...

Later, Mrs. Goh came by and apologized. I'm amazed that they did a good job at damage control. I would still come back for my Chicken chop. Let's hope they've fixed their freezer problem. 

The verdict: The chicken rice was good. (the chicken is steamed, not boiled or roasted. FYI: All authentic Hainanese chickens are boiled... not steamed but they opted for this method as it is much faster). 

The rice was great coz it really had the chicken lard in it. So it's nice, and sticky! The coffee was good.. My Teh See was average. But due to the good PR by their bosses, I've decided to come back again to try the chicken chop! 

Oh.. they're going for Franchise.. .anyone interested?


Place: Hailam Kopitiam Sdn Bhd
Where: No: 20, Jalan Kuchai Maju 8,
Off Jalan Klang Lama, 
58200 Taman Entrepreneurs Park, KL.

Contact: 03-7982 1563 Mr & Mrs. Goh
Biz Hours: Everyday from 10 am to 10 pm

You can go online as they have WiFi access.


Comments

Swee said…
Sayang.. U hainanese???

Me too~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :)
Mervin Lee said…
Really!! Wah Suki nang! U speak the lingo?
Loong said…
i'd definitely give this place a try

Popular Posts