Beef Kuey Teow @ Geylang....

I had a mouthful when I looked at these dishes. In addition to going for FHA in Singapore, I was also working on some personal projects. My client from Singapore took me to this corner coffee shop in the Geylang district. Tucked near Lorong Geylang 5. It boast to have Geylang's best beef kuey teow. Their concoction is a mix of the traditional Beef Hor Fun but they added red chilli, dark caramel sauce and did it in a Kung Po saucy style. The beef was tender, coated with a bit of marinate. It was one of the most interesting Beef Hor Fun variety I've ever tasted.

They also ordered deep fried chicken marinated in crab roe, salted eggs and 'Lam Yue' a special fermented red beancurd, available in all asian grocery stores, I was told you have to buy the one made from Shanghai. It is the best and original 'Lam Yue'. Others just won't do. The fried chicken had a very interesting taste. Lastly, Belacan fried with KangKung. A Standard dish in Malaysia and Singapore. I considered this meal to be 'tea' time. Singaporeans, like Malaysians adore their food... they simply just want to eat and eat...




Comments

Popular Posts