Nothing for free anymore....




I think it's very disheartening now... There's absolutely nothing in this world (besides the air we breathe) is FREE. I was at Sungai Wang yesterday with my friend Jan and we at my good friend Trish's cool music shop (that's where I buy a lot of House music from Hed Kendi and Fierce records...) We dropped by at MacDonald's and I said lets have some ice-creams. I was low on sugar! So we both popped by the Ice-Cream counter and looked at the menu. Normal ice-cream RM1. 05. WOW.... Even ice-creams are now above RM1!!!

I recalled when I was 3 feet tall, ice-creams were a rare luxury treat for me. I was having asthma at that time. So you can imagine, 1 stick of Popsicle was the best thing ever happened to me. I'm talking about the local popsicles made with sween corn, red beans or ice laced with sarsaparilla, orange or strawberry syrup. You know how much they cost? 20 SEN! Yep.. Freakin 20 sen!! Mind You! 20 sen back them was a big thing for us puny fellas.

Nothing comes cheap or free these days! Even the hacks sweets that you buy from the local grocery shop has risen in cost! I wished Ice-creams were 20 sens or even 50 sens!!! I believe these simple pleasures in life should be FREE or very very cheap! Because it's just so SIMPLE! that's why....I look back with such fond memories of cheap simple things that we often taken for granted... the Putu Mayam indian guy who will ride his bicycle and sells his food stuff with a blow horn.. The ticking sounds of the wooden pegs made by the 'Tok Tok' guy who sells 'Tok Tok' noodles... towards late nights, the 'kacang putih' seller in the cinema selling peanuts wrapped in a piece of newspaper shaped like a cone... Those were good old days...

Comments

Popular Posts