Daikanyama - rest & relax...


Last friday, I went down town to swanky Changkat Bukit Bintang and headed to a funky fusion japanese eatery called Daikanyama (代官山), Amidst the old architectures of the seventies shop houses dotting the street, This restaurants stands out like a tall bamboo among the bushes.





As you peek from the outside, you see a yakitori grill and a sake bar, an inviting color of reds, greys, oranges and black gleaming floor tiles. Once you enter, You're greeted by uber friendly staffs, I mean really friendly, Their eye contact and service is very different from others.


The place is choc-a-block with people, mostly regular patrons. I was glad to get a table before it was full.
Their menu is like a subway train manual, With a good choice of eclectic signature dishes, I found it hard to order, the friendly staff helped a bit. I was impressed with their sake, seoju and liquor selection. Being the most competitive priced in this street, I believe; they have a lot of good selection.


I am fond of Japanese potato salad, so I ordered their potato salad and salmon sashimi. And I had an asahi beer to down the meal with. Very promptly, my salad came and followed by my sashimi.

The potato salad was interesting, it has a nice mix of wasabi mayonaise along with the usual chunky potatoes, eggs, kirin, carrots, and the salad perched nicely under leafy green lettuces with a refreshing sprinkle of sesame seeds and teriyaki light dressing.

The sashimi is a good cut, not too thick or thin. and each mouthful was satisfying, Fresh salmon! My school mate pal came down after his meeting with his staff and we caught up on what's been going on. He's the manager for this chic place and he recommended me to try the bacon and cheese yakitori, pork belly yakitori and bacon with asparagus. I highly recommend all three... It was very O-ishi!


The upstairs has a private bar and lounge, just right for doing events and hosting small gatherings. And there's a nice VIP lounge that opens to the courtyard, Very relaxed and cosy, for a reasonable price.
What I liked about Daikanyama is how the ID designed it to maximize every space available, It definitely brought back good memories of dining in another similar place in Melbourne, a very chic place called Mizuzu.

If you want to go to a chic funky place and unwind to the tunes of Jao Gilberto mixed with Aerosmith and Japanese Hip Hop, your next stop is Daikanyama....











Comments

Popular Posts