Farewell... Papa.

Today, PapaMerv was the last man standing, in our bid to fight hepatoma. We were fighting along with him and it was time his body could not withstand the onslaught of the assault. As I sat in the ambulance this afternoon, looking at my Daddy; gasping for breath. I held his hands and comforted him,  Soon... dad, we're going home.

The bed was prepared for him. All's in place. When the blaring siren stops, We arrived home. I whispered near his ear; Dad, we're home. We're gonna take you back in and rest...
His breath was getting shorter... the gasping heavier... In the end, he made it to his death bed and we all gathered around him to give our last words and wish him a good departure...

I begin to chant, to aid my Daddy to focus on the mantra... I saw tears trickling from his closed eyes, I assured him, Do not worry... Follow the Buddha.. he is here to guide you. Go on... And I focused more on chanting and chanting to help my Dad focus his mind on the words. And soon, his legs and hands become cold.... his pulse is getting weak... His last breathe was at 4.45pm... and the pulse grew weaker and weaker... at it stopped.. at 5.05 pm, Saturday; PapaMerv took the last dance and the curtain rolled down... What an outstanding performance! He was a man who never give up easily... He led a good life and he did his best to provide us...

As write this Papa, I want you to know I'm very thankful to have such a wonderful Father like you. You gave all you can as a provider and the man of the house. I do regret that we didn't talked more but I loved you and respected you... there are times you and I, we disagree over issues about my life but I still love you for who you are and I know you're always worried that I may do well in my life.. Be assured Daddy.... I will. I promise...

So Daddy, may you be well and happy where-ever you are, Don't worry about Mum and us. We'll take care of her and we will stay strong as a family...

Farewell Dada...

Always your little son,
Merv

Comments

[danial][ma] said…
hej! Merv...i am really sorry to read this posting of your passing beloved dad. my deepest condolences to you and family. may you and family be strong in this sad and difficult moment...and may your dad rest in peace...
Lexi said…
sorry to hear that...
节哀顺变...
我在默默支持你...
要坚强...
Legolas said…
My condolences to you and your family.
Anonymous said…
Hi Merv, sorry to hear about your father. May Buddha bless him in afterlife. I would like to send my condolence to you and your family.
dubai holidays said…
Thanks for this wonderful addition. Really enjoyed your blog. Appreciate people taking the time to write quality work..

Popular Posts