Not worth it...

I would like to tell you a story... It is about 2 guys, I think it's a love-hate relationship they're in. It is mentally exhaustive to console a friend who's been having bouts of arguments and fights with his other half... to top it off with cream and cherries, I  believe my friend's just out did himself in the drama department... I just got back from his place that he co shared with his partner, his partner wasn't around and when I open the door, what I saw was an apartment that looked like it was broken into, it was a mess, broken china ware, books strewn all over the floor, broken vases, and my friend was crying in his room, looking rather sullen and inapt to do anything for himself, he did had a fight, and i saw some blisters and cuts on his lips, some bruises on his face and chest. Literally, a fight...

And he was holding a small peeling knife. Knowing his intention, I text messaged his partner and I slowly confronted him to ask him to put down the knife. The blade's really sharp... There he was, a lifeless body sitting by the corner of the messy room. When  I retrieved the knife off him, he just threw himself at me and started sobbing... Minutes later, his partner came back and saw the outcome, I looked at him and i softly spoke to KM that his partner is here, he held me back, his hands were trembling, his body was shivering, he asked me not to go. I signaled his partner to back off and leave us for a while. After a good half an hour of silence, he finally spoke. He confessed he was insecure about this relationship... He was too afraid his partner would cheat on him. I sort of know his relationship history, he has been cheated before many times, I don't blame him, He always had a thing for bad boys... The kind that will snare your heart and when they're done with you, they'll take your heart and shred them to pieces. I do know that HC's not the kind of person who's a player. I think he's a decent guy.

I don't blame HC for over reacting and I can't blame KM for his aloofness and insecurity. How can they patch things? I don't have the intention to be the peace maker (woh see lou)... After a good hour of talking, I asked if KM wants to see HC... this time, he let go of his grip and he softly said ok. I called HC and he came in, they both looked, he went closer, KM was staring at the floor, HC slowly wrapped his arms onto KM, and they both hugged and cried.... HAIZ!!!! SO DRAMA!!!!

No relationship problem is worth your ending your life... I hope KM will learn to be more secure about his relationship and about himself as well... After all that drama is over, I left their home...

On a lighter note, I saw this korean film 'No Regret' and I think I'll be checking in on Lee Yeong Hoon... Hubba....



Here is the trailer:


Synopsis:
Leaving the country orphanage where he grew up, Su-min comes to Seoul to study design. However, after several tough jobs, he unexpectedly ends up working as a prostitute in a gay bar. There he meets Jae-min. Su-min refuses Jae-min who’s been trying everything he could to win Su-min’s heart. Jae-min is from a rich and conservative family that doesn’t accept his sexual identity. Can this relationship between two men with different backgrounds have a future? After experiencing a brief happiness as passionate lovers, Su-min and Jae-min fall into tragic situations













It is a wonderful but tragic love story. It's also a bold attempt by a Korean director, Lee Song Hee-il. I cried at the end, Melancholic and now this drama.... life is really interesting...

Comments

Anonymous said…
OMG!!! Broken Chinas, books thrown to the floor, blisters and cuts on the face and one is about to end his life just because he felt insecure about the relationship? There are many other ways to end the relationship. Why want to end his life just because of that? That's plain silly and dumb.

But what a drama that they actually fight and throw things like that. Wow!

At least he is in a relationship, unlike me, still single and unwanted :(
J said…
In a relationship doesnt necessary mean good for everyone at everytime. Sometimes, it's good to be single too... :)
Mervin Lee said…
Calvin,

This is one where I pray and hope you don't get..... if I myself was in a relationship like this, I'd rather be single!!!!
Mervin Lee said…
Kidult: It all depends on chemistry, connection and karma.... Life is hard enough as it is, being born gay and wanting to be in a gay relationship is even harder... so life is a web of complicated and sensitive issues, the 5 flavors of life...

Sweet, Sour, Salty, Bitter and Bland....
Booker said…
wah.... very drama.

they're really lucky to have you as a friend Merv.
Mervin Lee said…
yes booker.... very drama....

Popular Posts