Singing the blues away....



I just returned from singing... yeah... it's past 1 am... on a working Monday.. ya.. I know... I'm supposed to be playing chess with Zhou Gong... hehehe.. but I can't help myself.. I've never belted so much numbers in years... I had a great time at the Neway K-Lounge at 1Utama. Met with T.O for a quick dinner at the mamak store nearby her place, and we arrived at Neway quite early. Normally, we'd be late and it's very odd to have arrived earlier than the rest. We were later joined by JW, Ms Q a nice lass of mixed parentage from Macau and CS.

And there was no stopping. Ms. Q a guest of JW, has quite a sweet voice and could hold a number of vocal ranges, found out that she actually cut an album back in Macao... wah lau.. talk about singing with a pro.... Nevertheless, the pressure's on and we just add countless song titles and lash out our vocal cords till we're croaking when we were done... Later, Mr & Mrs A drop by and we still have DL and his equally professional singer and musician wife, G yet to make the finale entrance. When the last couple arrived, it was about 10 pm. TO, was making signs of leaving.. and we were told to sit put and just sing...

:) It was a great night of belting out old 80s music and some canto pop, mandarin pop and a bit of J-Pop here and there.. and the usual Air Supply, West Life, The Carpenters numbers....

I must say I think I will lose my voice tomorrow morning... time for hot lemon and salt water...
If only I could sing everyday....

Sigh...

Oh What a night..... :D

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear you're having a good time out. I'm sure you feel lighter after singing so many songs.
Booker said…
Sounds like you had a great nite out :D
Mervin Lee said…
Books... I wished we were singing... that would be so great... hehehe.. when wanna do karaoke ah?
Mervin Lee said…
Calvin,

I enjoyed the singing... thanks.. but now, voice is croaky and lack of sleep...

Another good time to go is during April for their Songkran festival.. It's like the Thai New Year.. And People will be splashing water at others... :)
Booker said…
Anytime Merv! and Latin dancing too! My dancing shoes collecting dust laa.... jom ah...

Popular Posts