Silence of the tyke on a bike, salute all womenkind... high pain tolerance...


Nut's not blogging for a few days... That is like your favorite food or drink is forcibly taken away from you... I'm sure other readers of his blog will identify with that... How can these readers survive a few days without Nut's entries? 

Blogging has been a phenomenon these few years and it proofs one thing: we're all voyeurs. We just love to find out what's happening with other people's lives. Some blogs are personal ramblings of emotional turmoil or bliss, some are about experiences that we could relate in one way or the other, others may just be a form of venting out issues that they can't deal with for the time being. Nut's blog is provocative, amusing yet insightful. Yes, it's a gay blog but it resembles like a gay guy trying to etch his own world in this side of the neighborhood. It's a personal tale, worth the distraction if you're bored at the office or with yourself. 

With his blog, what you may find interesting is the fact that we're all just normal people, we needs and wants and dreams, trying to achieve all that in our short shelved lifespan. In many ways, I can relate and laugh with him with his amusing take on life. In some ways, our experiences over lap with each other. That's our common ground. It's not because we're both gay, it's more of the things we go through in our daily live that we find amusing and worth blogging. What's more is that the fact, this tall bugger with a big heart is genuine and has good intentions. I'm going to miss his entries for these few days.. Let's hope he can come back in once piece from his work abroad and he can blog more about his experiences. I'm pretty sure he has loads to tell and drama about. 

And while we're on the subject of being real and good intentions, I spend the monday morning with Mum looking for bathroom tiles , wall tiles, kitchen tiles, and floor tiles. Later the afternoon, my good sis, T.O; asked me out for lunch. She had a day off as her company decided it was a day off to replace the public holiday on Saturday last weekend, don't be jealous, she works for a multinational company.... what to do lar??? I got to know she was having her period. And I see how she had to suffer... I'm bewildered that some women can be affected greatly by their monthly cycles for fertility. She had to put up with the pain and emotional roller coaster and harmonal changes... It's like getting emotional outbursts of gigantic proportion... 

I just can't believe that some women can handle this kind of stress...  And I realized that it's hard enough to be a woman in this century. Juggling between, a stressful professional life and this monthly thing they have and their own social lives... It's awfully painful. She told me that some women had it better, they just get tired when it's the time of the month, others may be bedridden or just too weak to do anything at all, and the cramps, .... gosh.. she resisted as much as she could, We were walking over Ikea to shop for some things and slowly, she took small fragile steps and looking a bit dazed, confused. I realize the kind of trauma she has to undergo each month.. 

I salute all women who like her having to undergo immense changes every month as they go through their period... I can't imagine myself able to bear all of these... truly, it is difficult being a woman... 

Comments

Booker said…
Merv, you're a sweetheart!
Swee said…
Merv.. Yes, being a lady is never easy.. :)We need to be tough to survive, yet too tough, the men will run away.. What la..

Women take pain, and take stress better than lots of men out there.. (Maybe I should consider finding a woman rather than a man? Lol). And, no matter how 'weak' is a woman, she becomes the 'superwoman' once she had kids, the amount of energy that a mum has for the kids and family is simply amazing. Hence, we do deserve lot of LOVE and CARE from men, don't we? :P

* My own personal experience, It is tough when I need to do pump when I am having my first day period.....

Oh Yes, as booker said, you are a sweetheart.. :)
Mervin Lee said…
I salute to you all!!!!

Popular Posts