Friday 13th...



Friday 13th... Hmm... Nightmare on Elm Street... Remember that movie? Freddie Krueger... and what's the other movie, something to do with the axe.... and I know what you did last summer... oh yeah.. the movie: Friday 13th. I'm sure by now, Most dailies will have a write up about this infamous day with an infamous number...

Checked on Wikipedia: this is what it's all about:
The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia,[1], a word derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (Παρασκευή) (meaning Friday), anddekatreís (δεκατρείς) (meaning thirteen), attached to phobía (φοβία) (meaning fear). The term is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a simple phobia (fear) of the number thirteen appearing in any case.

So it's a phobia on the number one three...Well, I don't believe in it. The same with another superstition of walking under a ladder, and a black cat with white paws (white socks) run passes you. But I am very pissed with my contractor as he has been asking me money and there's nothing much done on the renovation. Maybe it's his unlucky day today... I'll be 'firing' his 'arse' and he better blooming move on the renovation progress before I turn into a giant green menacing fella.


Later tonight, I'm heading to Subang Jaya to attend Jaime's baby boy; Tristan's full moon party. I've known Jaime for a long time, I knew his brother first as we were college mates in a local graphic design academy. It was later on, I got to know Jaime, lovingly called 'Fai Mui' because she's full of good shit and is so funny.... If you want me to translate it, it means 'Little Lung Sister' As 'Fai' also means 'Lungs' in Cantonese. But to me, she's just full of humor and wit. She and her hubby, Dominic married a couple of years ago, after she settled down nicely in Perth. Now, she's a proud mommy of a handsome little chap... It will be sort of a reunion too I guess, to catch up with Gary, the parents, Allyson and some other friends. It also means Uncle Mervin here has to give a big fat ang pow... sigh......

The other day I was at Ikea with ASD, As usual IKEA's a good spot to look for cheaply made but nice feel furniture. Decided to check on the prices and the available products, as they're coming up with new products and catologue this august. So am withholding the ka-ching ka-ching to see what's new... I was looking for a island counter top to work on my food preparation and we came across this interesting piece of furniture, legs and drawers made entirely of stainless steel with a nice thick birch wood top. the price? Ya... We thought it was TOO good to be true!!!!


Turned out to be the price of the wooden top! if I add the stainless legs and drawers: It's close to RM 1,200 plus. Now... I feel slightly cheated by the advertisement and pricing label. . . ASD tried to do his 'Wheel of Fortune' thingy. . .like Vanna White.... Wandering folks were giving us quirky looks...

And while in Ikea, I was also on a look out for . . . 'twinks'! yep... Ikea's like the one stop furnishing centre for gay men. To our dismay, not one of them were around... oh well... so much for 'cuci mata'...

Comments

SC said…
Hehehe..ASD pose..so cuuuuteeeee! Merv, I gave it to my contractor two days ago cos he was not doing anything too..my mood was sooo bad, one unlucky girl kena kau-kau. Why? Cos she was dumb enough to double park behind my car and scratch it at the same time..

Stress..stress...
Mervin Lee said…
Ya... he's trying to out-do jenna white... hahahahahah... Wah... why she go double park and scratch your car.. she was asking for it.. heheheheheh... well I hope you don't get so stress stress ya... (((((((hugz)))))))

M

Popular Posts