Alone.....

Wednesday, August 8th. 2.08 pm; Here I am, sitting with my good friend, Dominique who is a Pranayama (Yoga Breathing) teacher and a fellow believer and practitioner of the divine arts. We’re both having our shaken teas at Starbucks, the Curve. Here he was, sipping his tea while online chatting away about this guy he is dating. I was thinking aloud, I’ve not dated!

He looked at me in a way, and smiled. “Maybe it’s time for you to start dating . Hmm the word ‘dating’ scares me… I have not dated or see anyone special for a year now. I wondered how does one start ‘dating’. Yes, you’d be thinking there are lots of nice guys out there who are connected via facebook, fridae, gaydar, gay.com, etc… But how does one look for that special guy? I just happened to love being single, for now.

But being single can be boring at times, it can also be lonely. It would be nice to have someone to call, share and spend your time with. Friends are for that too. But how long can your friend spend and share his/ her time with you? Sigh.. Feeling a bit Melancholic, I remained silent while Dominique returns to his PC and his own world. Am I feeling lonely or deprived? I don’t know. I’m happy being single, yet on some nights I do feel lonely. Woe is me….

Comments

Popular Posts